Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 (or 13) Days of Halloween




I have decided that to get myself in the mood for Halloween, I am going to try to read as many spooky, gorey, Halloween-ish books as I can before October 31st. My ultimate goal is 31, but since I have several large papers, a short story, and a handful of tests this October, I am going to give myself a little leniency. I will read at least 13 chilling reads for the month of October.

My list of possible book choices
1. Playing with Fire
2. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
3. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
4. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
5. Nocturnes by John Connolly
6. Good Omens  by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
7. The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allen Poe
8. The Inferno by Dante
9. Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
10. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
11. Dracula by Bram Stoker
12. Leigia by Edgar Allen Poe
13. The Tale of the Body Theif by Anne Rice
14. Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King
15. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
16. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
17. White Witch Pond by Jody Kihara
18. Rise Again by Ben Tripp
19. Ring by Koji Suzuki
20. Voodoo Dreams by Jewell Parker Rhodes
21. Hell House by Richard Matheson
22. The Best of HP Lovecraft by HP Lovecraft
23. Violin by Anne Rice
24. Books of Blood by Clive Barker
25. Salem's Lot by Stephen King
26. Paradise Lost By John Milton
27. A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
28. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
29. Doctor Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde  by Robert Lewis Stevenson 
30. The Church of Dead Girls by Stephen Dobyns
31. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
32. The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
33. The Gates by John Connolly
34. Play Dead by Anne Frasier
35. Obsessed by Rick R Reed
36. Jezebel's Ladder  by Scott Rhine
Let me know if there are any good Halloween-ish books that I should add to the list of possibilities.
Link to the reviews 

No comments:

Post a Comment