Thursday, September 15, 2011

Booking Through Thursday 9/15/11









Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Booking through Thursday. Answer the question and post the link to your post in the comments section of this (9/15) Thursday's post.

The Question:
Have you ever finished a book and loved it so much that you went right back and started re-reading it again? (And Obviously, if so , we want titles!)

I don't usually re-read books but when I love a book I will go back to it. I never start rereading right after I finish it the first time. I usually want to wait until the story is  no longer fresh in my mind so that I can be surprised all over again and I often find things that I missed the first time around because of trying to get to the end as quickly as possible to see how things turn out. When I was younger, I did it a lot more frequently than I do now because I had more time on my hands then. I re-read the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix at least 20 times when I was in middle school. I also would read the previous Harry Potter book right before the next one would come out to refresh the story in my mind before diving into the new one. The only book I have re-read now that I am an adult is The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I have also been meaning to re-read The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, but I have not had enough time.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do pretty much the same and wait a bit before rereading.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, time is a factor.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_15.html

    ReplyDelete