Thursday, September 29, 2011

Booking Through Thursday 9/29/2011

This week's questions at Booking Through Thursday

btt button

1. What do you think of reading aloud/being read to? Does it bring back memories of your childhood? Your children’s childhood?

I don't really have any strong feelings about reading aloud. I think that if I had kids and read to them I would feel differently, but at this point in my life I don't even really think about it. Sure, my parents read to me but as soon as I learned to read, I was too anxious to get through the story to wait for my mom or dad to read it (because it was a chapter a night type of thing). I found I was a faster reader and so I could devour the book at my own pace.  I don't really have any specific memories of being read to, I more remember my dad telling my younger brother and me stories that he made up. That was always more fun for me.

2. Does this affect the way you feel about audio books?

I hate audio books! I like to be able to look back at what I have read and I I like to skip ahead when a paragraph or page does not catch my attention. I also like to be able to skim if I don't have a lot of time and them be able to come back to the section later. With an audio book you can't do any of those things

3. Do you now have times when you read aloud or are read to?

When I am reading for class, I often read out loud because it helps me get a feel for the writer's writing style and in my Milton: Paradise Lost class we all have to read aloud in class because of the prose style.

No comments:

Post a Comment