Saturday, September 17, 2011

Quote it Saturday 9/17/11


Welcome to Quote It!
Quote it is hosted by Freda’s Voice
Grab Freda’s button and create your own post.
Add as many quotes as you wish, from whom ever you wish. It can even be lyrics to a song.
Just tell us who it is. Anonymous quotes are welcome too.
Then leave the link to your post in the linkey on Freda’s page.

Well I’m a little sad that there is no theme this week, because that means that I have to get creative all by myself. Sometimes I just like a little structure….. but luckily for me when I was looking up A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz that I read about on another book blog, (sorry, I can’t for the life of me remember who’s it was… I wish I could give credit) I stumbled upon the author’s webpage and I loved the quote he had in one of his blog posts, actually I love two quotes he quoted.

A Tale Dark and Grimm

Albert Einstein ~ “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

And

T.S. Elliot ~ There will be time, there will be time, 
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet; 
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands,
That lift and drop a question on your plate.

These quotes were on his blog post about how children’s imaginations are being stifled by overscheduling because their parents want them to become successful adults. I completely agree with him and I actually posted about the same thing (although his was more eloquent than mine)

So, yep, these are my quotes

Happy Readings!

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic post! I am sorry to not give a theme, but the majority was not so keen. I do hope to change their minds in the future.
    Thanks for your participation. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these quotes are very wise, the one by Albert Einstein is my favorite.

    A theme might be fun for this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Einstein quote and your whole presentation of this post. I agree, it's so important, especially for children to play, create and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The T.S. Elliott is so powerful. Thank you~

    ReplyDelete