Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week there will be a new top ten list posted all you have to do is link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment section of their post. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me
1. The Hunger Games
2. Water for Elephants
3. The Iron Fey Series
4. The Blue Bloods Series (I just requested them on paperbackswap so I will start reading soon)
5. Eat Pray Love ( I have seen the movie and loved it but my mom hated the book and I trust her judgment so no Eat Pray Love for me)
9. 1984 (I am pretty good about reading the classics and considering I am an English major I have read a lot of them but 1984 I have started and stopped about 5 times)
10. Three Cups of Tea (my mom loved this book, I have just never gotten around to it I will eventually)
I think most of these books I will get around to eventually, well, except for Eat Pray Love but I have had them all on my TBR pile at one point and time or another and for some reason I just did not want to read them, so maybe it is a sign that I won’t like them. I don’t know, guess I have to read more books I don’t like to balance out all of the good reviews on this site.
Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MixB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play alon! Just do the Following:
· Grab your current read
· Open to a random page
· Share two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on the page
· Be careful not to include spoilers!
· Share the title and author
· Link your post back to MizB’s
“She was referring to the City of Ghosts, whose temples and shrines were dedicated to the underworld. Like Old Dachang, it had been an unlucky obstacle to China’s next Great Leap Forward. It had been evacuated, demolished then almost entirely drowned.”
p. 10 World War Z by Max Brooks
oops that would be three sentences but I liked them all together so that’s what you get.
What’s your teaser?