Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review: Demon Girl


Review: Demon Girl
Demon Girl (Rae Wilder, #1)
Title: Demon Girl
Pages:
Rating: DID NOT FINISH
Review Source:
Back of Book Synopsis (from goodreads.com):

Rae Wilder has problems... Supernatural creatures swarm the earth, and humanity is on the brink of extinction. Stalked by a handsome fairy who claims she is like him, demonkind, Rae thinks maybe it was a mistake breaking the rules by going over the Wall into demon territory. Plunged into a world of dark magics, fierce creatures, and ritual sacrifice, she is charged with guarding a magical amulet. The changes to her mind and body are startling, but rather than accept her purpose she struggles against who she is destined to be. Thrown in a big lust for a vampire who can't keep his hands off her, and life starts to get complicated. Rae is forced to make the ultimate choice: to live and die human, or embrace her birth-right and wield magics that could turn her into something wicked, a force of nature nothing can control. Young Adult: British English

My Thoughts:

It is free for nook readers on barnesandnoble.com

This is new for me, I almost always finish a book, but for some reason I really could not get into Demon Girl. It was very corney and cliché filled. I also had an issue with the wording of some sentences. It did not flow very well. I don’t know, the synopsis makes it seem like my kind of book, but I just couldn’t do it. It is way too much like the Twilight series (Which I can’t stand… sorry to all of the fans out there) and there was not enough explanation for the world, characters and events. I have no idea what is going on or why any of it matters. Also, there were quite a few editing errors, which is very annoying.

Maybe I will give it another shot later but for right now, and for whatever reason, I really did not like it.  (Maybe I’m in a bad mood, or I have just been reading too much of the same type of books lately? I don’t know.)
Don’t take my opinion as the determining factor as to read it or not. It got some good reviews on goodreads.

I DID NOT FINISH

No comments:

Post a Comment